|"Hey, Your Nose is on Fire" Industries Presents
||[22 Apr 2015|04:11pm]
Where to find my stuff throughout that magical land known as the Internet!
- "Familiars," the first of the stories about Cluny the Sorceress Squirrel, originally published in Sword & Sorceress 19 in 2002;
- a reading of "Where There's Smoke," the eighth of the Cluny stories, on the Far Fetched Fables podcast;
- "Why They Call Me Mr. Goddamn Happy," a science-fiction romance short story, originally published on the Helix SF website in 2007;
- "The Super Secret Origin of She-Man," a superhero romance short story, originally published on the Helix SF website in 2008;
- "The Butterfly Effect," a sonnet included in the 2nd annual poetry collection on the website [adjective][species];
- and hundreds of thousands of words of My Little Pony fanfiction and poetry under the pseudonyms AugieDog and Baal Bunny.
- Rat's Reputation, the sequel to my 1998 novel The Blood Jaguar, is available now from Sofawolf Press;
- my Amazon.com Author Page has three fantasy novels and a dozen fantasy and science-fiction short stories that appeared in places like Asimov's SF, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy, and Tomorrow Speculative Fiction;
- "Immolation," the second Cluny story, is in the anthology What Happens Next;
- the rest of the Cluny stories are in the Sword & Sorceress anthologies starting with #23;
- "Emergency Maintenance," a talking animal science-fiction story, can be found in the anthology The Furry Future;
- my 1991 novelette "Crow's Curse," 3rd place finisher in that year's Writers of the Future contest, has been reprinted in the collection An Anthropomorphic Century;
- "A Study in Sorrel," a short story combining themes from both Sherlock Holmes and My Little Pony, can be found in NonBinary Review #9;
- and "The Precession of the Equinoxes," a talking animal fantasy story, appears in the anthology Gods With Fur.
You can also:
- Follow Daily Grind and Terebinth, my two webcomics, either on their individual websites or right here on LiveJournal;
- Peruse my three pieces of non-fiction writing at Strange Horizons;
- Link up with my largely-redundant Facebook page;
- Listen to my radio program, The Darkling Eclectica, a mix of jazz, folk, and classical musics with stories and whatnot, heard every Sunday afternoon from 4PM to 6PM Pacific Time over KUCI, 88.9 FM, broadcasting from the beautiful campus of the University of California, Irvine.
And if I think of anything else, I'll put it here, too.
|My Story Mostly About Bugs
||[20 Jun 2016|06:48am]
A few weeks ago that I was going to have a story called "The Precession of the Equinoxes" in the anthology Gods With Fur edited by Fred Patten and published by Furplanet.
Well, the books's up for pre-order now and will be shipping after its debut at Anthrocon, the big annual anthropomorphic animal fan convention taking place July 4th weekend in Pittsburgh. So if you wanna reserve a copy, now's your chance!
Let me also mention that this is a story I wrote as part of my on-going involvement with The Writeoff Association, a lovely and lively series of timed and prompted writing contests happening every three weeks or so. The contests go back and forth between accepting original fiction and My Little Pony fanfiction as well as between short stories and flash fiction (minifics, they call them).
The next one coming up is this weekend and will be for original short stories. You can register on the web site, then submit a prompt on Wednesday, vote for your favorites of the submitted prompts on Thursday, start writing on the prompt with the most votes on Friday, and submit your story 72 hours later. The stories appear in a gallery with no author names attached, and folks comment, critique, and rank their preferences over the next week. Those ranked by the reader and writers in the top third or so move on to the final voting which takes place over the next four days, and the results are then posted on the site.
If that sounds like fun, I highly recommend it.